Warranty Definitions and Maintenance of Sirius-Trailers English
➊ Purchase and registration
Congratulations on the purchase of your Sirius Trailer. You have chosen a 100% quality product that guarantees safety, durability, user’s convenience and design. To be able to provide you with the 5-year warranty (* 2 year warranty for the wooden horsetrailers), we need your data. Please complete our registration form and email it, along with your proof of purchase to: firstname.lastname@example.org, within 14 days after purchase..
➋ How to recognize Sirius products
Safety, durability, user’s convenience and design are central for all Sirius trailers. These are the core values that Sirius characterizes. In addition, you can recognize Sirius trailers by the special door/flap combination. It provides you with a multi-purpose trailer any day.
Your safety and that of your goods are central in the production process of our trailers. Our highly-trained employees assemble your trailer with great care.
- All Sirius trailers are constructed with the best materials, which guarantees a long lifespan.
- The axles of our trailers are positioned in the ideal spot, under the trailer: just behind the centre. This provides the trailer with natural ball pressure, which ensures that the trailer is situated solidly behind the vehicle.
- The lighting has been installed according to the latest EC guidelines and
it has all the required components, such as reflectors and width lighting. For a safe and clear result, lighting elements must always be kept clean.
Every new Sirius product is subjected to extensive inspection in the factory as well as at the inspection agency of the country where the trailer is sold:
- in the Netherlands at the Rijksdienst voor het Wegverkeer (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency)
- in Germany at the Technische Überwachungs Verein (TÜV)
- in Switzerland at the Bundesamt für Polizeiwesen
- in France at the Service des Mines
- in Belgium at the Ministerie van Verkeer en Infrastructuur (Ministry of Traffic and Infrastructure).
The trailer is only permitted to be on the road after these recognized institutions have given their stamp of approval.
On April 1, 2015 vehicles can only be registered in the Netherlands based on a Certificate of Conformity (Certificaat van Overeenstemming - CvO) and no longer based on a Type Approval. With this the new standard in the Netherlands will become the digital CvO. As of April 1, 2014 manufacturers can already submit a digital CvO with the RDW. On October 1, 2014 the new expedited regulation will also become available. With this the branch can register a vehicle based on a digital CvO.
New Dutch standard
Registering a vehicle based on a digital CvO will become the new Dutch standard. The digital CvO perfectly links up with the introduction of the new registration certificate. A digital CvO can be placed on the chip of this vehicle registration card. The digitalization also connects with European regulations. The vehicle registration application can be performed quicker this way and the registration takes place based on the actual vehicle information.
The registration certificate
As of January 1, 2014, the RDW is issuing registration certificates in the form of a credit card (also called vehicle registration card). This registration contains information about the vehicle as well as the owner. The vehicle registration card has a 9 digit code for security, the registration (ascription) code. This code is needed for all kinds of actions with respect to the registration of a vehicle and has to be carefully saved. The existing paper registration certificates will remain in use. Until January 1, 2019, the RDW issues the vehicle registration card with the registration (ascription) of new vehicles, with the transfer, and with the replacement of a registration certificate (for instance in case of damage or loss). The paper Dutch registration certificate which was issued before January 1, 2014 formally consists of the following two parts:
- Part IA – Vehicle registration (name before June 1, 2004: Part I) and Part IB- Ascription certificate (name before June 1, 2004: Part II). These two parts jointly form the complete Part I. You need to have these when you use the road with the vehicle.
- Part II – Transfer certificate (name before June 1, 2004: Transfer certificate or copy Part III) The Transfer certificate is the registration part that is needed to transfer the registration certificate. You have to carefully save this part at home.
The registration certificate in credit card format basically replaces parts IA and IB. You need to have this vehicle registration card with you when you use the road with the vehicle. The 9 digit registration (ascription) code replaces the Transfer certificate. You have to save this part at home.
➏ Before you start to drive
As the owner of a Sirius trailer, you can go on the road without worries, because you have purchased a top-quality. However, there are some matters you must pay attention to.
- Your trailer must always have a clearly visible official licence plate, according to the regulations that apply in your country. The plate must be securely attached at the back of the trailer in such a way that the license plate light shines on the entire plate.
- Reflectors must always be visible, including during loading and off-loading.
- After 2,000 km, tighten your wheel bolts with 95 NM. .
➐ Warranty definitions
All Sirius trailers come with a standard 5-year warranty upon purchase.
(with exception for the wooden horsetrailers which have a warranty of 2 years). There are some conditions, however.
- You register yourself as the buyer of the trailer. You must complete the registration form provided and email it, along with a copy of proof of purchase, within 2 weeks of purchase of the trailer, to: email@example.com, or send by post to: Sirius Trailers BV, Hatertseweg 1A, NL-6581 KD, Malden, The Netherlands.
- You must visit an official Sirius dealer once a year for maintenance.
They will check your trailer according to the official Sirius checklist.
You will receive this checklist as proof. You must also submit this, along with any invoices, with a warranty application.
- You must never transport your horse(s) without chest and butt bars.
A horse must be locked in at all times, while it is in the trailer. .
Not included in the warranty
- Cracks on the sides, back flap or polyester roof.
- Gas springs
- Axles (the 2 year warranty is provided by the supplier AL-KO)
- Surge brake (the 2 year warranty is provided by the supplier AL-KO)
- Clutches (the 2 year warranty is provided by the supplier AL-KO)
- Tires and rims
- Scratches on the trailer on the inside or the outside.
- Air formation under the rubber mat (floor and flap).
- User damage.
- Damage caused by extreme conditions (for example, damage caused
by a wild horse).
- The remuneration of the miles that have to be driven to and from the dealer and/or the factory.
➑ Practical tips
- Clean your trailer thoroughly every week. Please note: don’t use a pressure washer, because this will push the moisture into the seams and crevices, which may cause your trailer to rot.
- Scrub the polyester parts of your trailer at least twice a year; otherwise dirt may collect in the polyester layer, which may make your trailer look dull and faded.
- Oil all moving parts every month to avoid excessive wear-and-tear.
- Remember your tyre pressure. Too little pressure will decrease the carrying capacity of your tyre and may cause excessive wear-and-tear.
Connection scheme for socket
|Connection overview of 13-pole system for Mulicon
||1/L - left turning signal
2/54g - fog lamp
3/31 - mass (contacts 1 through 8)
4/R - right turning signal
5/58R - right back light
6/54 - brake lights
7/58L - eft back light
8 - reverse lights
9 - permanent contact wire
10 - battery charging current
11 - no purpose
12 - no purpose
13 - mass (contacts 9 through 12)
175/70R13 86N 3 bar
185/70R13 90N 3 bar
195/65R15 95N 3.5 bar
175R14C 99/98N 4 bar
195/65R15 95N 3.5 bar
Tighten after 2,000 km and after every inspection with 95 NM
➓ Maintenance and inspections
Your Sirius trailer must be taken to your recognized Sirius dealer or Sirius maintenance workshop every year. Your dealer maintains an overview of the maintenance work done on your trailer and will use this to determine what must be done to guarantee your safety. Major tune-ups are usually alternated with minor tune-up. Regular maintenance work will save you money!
The client is obligated for the first 5 years after purchase, regarding service and maintenance, to go to the dealer where he/she bought the Sirius Trailer.